Terms and Conditions
When the client confirms his/her reservation with Aventuras EcotrekPeru, he/she assumes to have read and accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. To confirm a reservation, the client must make a deposit of 50% of the total amount of the contracted service per person, on our account of the indicated bank, we will send you the information for the corresponding deposit, and the remaining amount will have to be deposited 30 days before the beginning of the trip, or according to an agreement with the agency.
2. The client must assume the costs for the deposit of the advance payment for the reservation, whether these are through Commercial Banking, PayPal, Western Union, or our Pay to Peru platform, the cost is 4% to be added to the total amount, this corresponds to the transaction costs of the intermediary entity.
3. In the case of a last-minute reservation, the total amount generated by the hiring of the service must be deposited.
4. Our prices are published in U.S. dollars (USD), for any payment in another currency we will be based on the exchange rate of the moment.
5. Student Card: To access the discount, you must have a student card valid at the date you start your trip, the validity must correspond to the entire current year. The regulations considered by the Ministry of Culture are strict in regulating student cards. In case of rejection by the Ministry, any additional expenses will be the responsibility of the client.
6. If the client wishes to cancel his/her reservation for personal reasons, he/she must be informed by e-mail of the cancellation of the service, with due anticipation at least 15 days before the start date of the trip.
7. In return the agency will not be able to refund the deposit made, because part of it will be considered administration expenses, and the other part will be refunded as entrance or train tickets or others that are considered refundable.
8. The Inca Trail excursion is non-refundable and non-transferable. In case of unforeseen events, such as strikes, train delays, or other departure factors, the agency reserves the right to modify the departure or return times of the tour.
9. If one of the clients becomes ill before the beginning or during the trip, the agency will contact a health facility for care, but it should be clarified that the expenses generated by the service are properly solved by the passenger.
10. In this exceptional case, the client will be able to visit the Sanctuary of Machupicchu on a regular basis, since the agency will provide the entrance fees, the train ticket to Machupicchu in one way, staff assistance, a guide to visit the Sanctuary, transfer back to the city of Cusco.
11. In case of not making the trip in its initial form, the cost of the one-way train ticket will be the responsibility of the client, as well as the hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes, extra expenses generated by the visit to the Sanctuary of Machupicchu.
12. If a participant decides to leave the trek of his/her own free will, due to the difficulty of doing the excursion, there will be no monetary reimbursement, the agency does not cover additional expenses made by the client for a hotel night or transportation to Cusco. However, the participant will be provided with the support of an employee for the return to his/her hotel.
13. For hiking excursions that demand physical effort, the agency considers it important to have physical health, training in long walks, and above all to take into account that the chosen tour is an adventure tour. We consider it very important that the client must take into account the risks involved in hiking that demand physical effort.
14. The agency recommends always having the original passport, and visa if necessary, we also consider it important to start the trip with Travel Insurance, which covers accidents, medical expenses, hospitalization or repatriation, and loss or theft of belongings, the agency will not be responsible for the fortuitous incidents that happen during the trip, by own causes of the client.
15. Each participant is responsible for his personal belongings from the beginning to the end of the trip. In any case, the agency cannot be held responsible for the forgetfulness, loss, theft, or deterioration of personal items. We recommend that participants do not bring valuables (jewelry of great value, electronic devices, etc.) during a trip, it is recommended to carry their valuables (camera, passport) in their personal backpack.
16. For the reservation of internal flights in Peru, prices can vary very easily for this reason we recommend making the flight reservation immediately to your need since the confirmation of the reservation is always subject to the availability of space and price.
17. Hotel reservations should be made well in advance, according to the travel season, since in high season they are subject to availability and many times it is difficult to confirm the spaces, but the agency will give you different alternatives, equal or similar for your reservation.
Aventuras EcotrekPeru Team